Papers will be graded for the following:
- Incorrect use of:
- grammar/sentence construction -2 per error up to -10
- punctuation/spelling -2 per error up to -10
- Inadequate or faulty Analysis -10
- unjustified conclusions - 10
- unjustified claims - 10
- stale data - 10
- inaccuracy - 10
- usefulness of your analysis - 30
- appeals to emotion instead of logic - 20
- Attribution (giving credit)
- improper use of footnotes/bibliography -10
- no use of quotation marks -10
- Lack of clarity of expression -2 for 1 or two "errors"; -5 for more
- Incohesive flow -2 for 1 or two "errors"; -5 for more
- You may NOT just copy & paste from other sources.
That is plagiarism and is illegal.
You will receive an IMMEDIATE "F" in the course for doing so.
- You are REQUIRED to perform your own analysis of the information you find.
- You ARE allowed to quote (and therefore copy) SMALL sections of other documents,
but you MUST give credit for them in your bibliography and put them inside quotation marks!
- Copied sections without quotes is plagiarism and gets an immediate "F" for the course.
- A paper with NO bibliography will receive a zero.
- A paper with erroneous bibliographical data will receive -50.